Erin K. Tenner, Partner with Gray•Duffy, LLP, has 30 years of experience handling a wide range of business matters, and has negotiated and drafted documents in transactions totaling hundreds of millions of dollars.
Her practice focuses on business transactions for privately owned businesses, including asset and stock sale and purchase agreements; commercial real property transactions and leases with deals ranging in price from less than $1 million to more than $50 million; shareholder, partnership and operating agreements; corporate, LLC and partnership formation, employment law, maintenance and dissolution; and mediation of business-related disputes. She is particularly experienced in representing automotive dealers, and has published the California Auto Dealer newsletter since 1996.
Ms. Tenner is a contributor to business and legal publications, including the Daily Journal, California Lawyer, and the Defender, the National Association of Dealer Counsel (NADC) newsletter.
She is a member of the California New Car Dealers’ Association and the NADC. She is a former Court Appointed Mediator for the Los Angeles and Ventura County Superior Courts, and serves on the Advisory Board of Community West Bank.
Ms. Tenner earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Detroit Law School, where she served as an editor of the University of Detroit Law Review. She obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Michigan State University. She is admitted to practice law in California and is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California New Car Dealers’ Association
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Community West Bank Advisory Board
- Regional Art Museum
- Los Angeles and Ventura County Superior Courts, Former Court Appointed Mediator
Recognition and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Jurisprudence Award
Legal Writings, Articles and Publications
- Article: “Properly Structuring Your Buy Sell Agreement To Avoid Litigation” Published by: Automotive Buy Sell Report.com March 2017
- Article: “Buy-Sell Agreements: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” Published by: California Lawyer
- Newsletter: “Buy/Sell Basics Part III: Stock Purchase Agreements” Published by: California Auto Dealer
- Article: “Do’s and Don’ts of Partnership” Published by: Orange County Dealer
- Newsletter: California Auto Dealer
1996 to present
- Article: “Buying Dealerships in Tough Times, Protecting Your Client’s Interest” Published by: Defender National Association of Dealer Counsel Newsletter
- Article: “Corporate Law: Buying and Selling Businesses, Transaction Traps for the Unwary”
Published by: California Lawyer
- Article: “Selling a Company Requires Long-Term Planning”
Published by: Daily Journal
- Note: “Federal Taxation of Alimony and Property Settlements and the Tax Reform Act of 1984”
Published by: 62 University of Detroit Law Review 677