Whether you are contemplating starting a new business or have issues with your ongoing business, our attorneys have the knowledge and expertise to guide you through this process. We work closely with our business owner clients to fully understand their business goals and objectives, offering sound advice and creative solutions.
We are committed to keeping our business owner clients apprised of legal updates and news that could affect their business. Below we’ve included relevant articles, legal updates and results we’ve achieved for clients.
We’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please call us at (818) 907-4000.
- Bars and Security Should Mix Like a Well-Poured Drink, Published: Bar Business Magazine
- Summary: This article deals with the issue of security for those in the bar industry. For example, do you need security guards in your bar and if so, do you hire them directly or from a security guard company? What kind of liability insurance do you need as a bar owner and how can you shield you company from liability.
- Is Your Shop At Fault?
- Summary: This article explores the duty of a retained and non-retained auto and equipment repair shop when it comes to completed thorough inspections to detect problems with vehicles. An overview of current case law and contract law is provided as well as a discussion on necessary disclosure to the customer
- Recreational Immunity: Protecting Property Owners, Pulished: The Recorder
- Summary: The article discusses several recent cases involving premises liability issues and which party is liable for injuries sustained on the property owner’s property.
- Do You Need Security Guards?, Pulished: Daily Journal
- Summary: This article addresses how bar owners can reduce the risk of liability by ensuring their security guards and bouncers are properly trained and certified, as well as enforcing rules for proper arrest of bar patrons. In addition, the article provides tips for hiring the proper type of security guard for your bar establishment.
- Is the Business Owner Safe From Civil Liability for Third-Party Criminal Activity on your Premises?
- Summary: As a business owner, you owe a general duty to members of the public to protect people from criminal activity on your property. This article provides an overview of several cases addressing the issues of duty and causation.
Representative Case Results
- Gray•Duffy Prepares Contract Documentation for Construction of Luxury Residence on Behalf of Home Builder
- Gray•Duffy Negotiates Settlement of 25 Separate Lawsuits Arising from Catalina Island Fire on Behalf of Tower Contracting Business
- Gray•Duffy Negotiates Favorable Settlement for Security Company in Battery Case