Gary Gray, co-founder and managing partner of Gray•Duffy, LLP, has a demonstrated expertise in insurance coverage – primary, excess/umbrella and recovery/subrogation, as well as first- and third-party cases, bad faith, and declaratory relief issues. He has been the lead attorney in hundreds of insurance coverage disputes, significant bad faith cases, and construction defect cases, including the defense of developers and general contractors. Additionally, Mr. Gray has considerable experience handling, arbitrating and trying tort and casualty cases, including products liability, errors and omissions, vehicular accidents, and premises liability.
In recent years, he has concentrated on construction defect and similar forms of strict liability and negligence cases, including injury from exposure to toxic mold. He has also been involved with litigation involving errors and omissions for real estate and insurance brokers, and employment liability. He has a particular expertise in representing crane and other heavy equipment operators.
Mr. Gray received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University and his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from California State University, Northridge. Mr. Gray is a decorated veteran of the Vietnam War and was born in Palo Alto, California.
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Law Office Management Section
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Program
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Casa Pacifica
- Century City Chamber of Commerce
- Century City Bar Association, Board of Governors
- California State University Northridge Athletic Association, Board Member and Past President
Recognition and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Century City Community Building Award
- California State University Northridge Alumni Award
Mr. Gray has conducted numerous seminars and has appeared as a guest lecturer for various organizations, including insurance companies, industry leaders, lawyers and clients. He has spoken on various topics including litigation management, construction defect, interpretation and drafting of construction agreements, crane litigation, toxic torts, general liability, insurance coverage issues, soil subsidence, and environmental issues such as pollution and mold.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-28265452-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);