Defense of InsuredsGray•Duffy, LLP’s experienced and professional attorneys have defended clients in all types of lawsuits, including personal injury, wrongful death, property damage, and professional liability cases. The firm has successfully represented individuals and various businesses, including homeowners, multi-family residential property owners, recreational facilities, employers, shopping centers and retail establishments, restaurants, nightclubs, private security companies, contractors and governmental entities. We have represented clients in matters involving common automobile accidents and slip and falls, to catastrophic fires and industrial accidents. Our attorneys are mindful of the unique circumstances each case presents, and are prepared to aggressively defend our clients from the inception of the lawsuit to its ultimate conclusion through settlement or trial, keeping our clients regularly informed of the status of their cases. In most situations, insurance is available to our clients to provide for their defense, and we will be retained directly by the insurance companies. Insurance coverage can be afforded for most types if incidents and accidents, under comprehensive general liability, homeowners, automobile and umbrella policies. In many other situations, however, clients can be self-insured for some or all of the loss. Please contact Gray•Duffy, LLP for additional information regarding our Defense of Insureds practice area. You will be directed to one of our attorneys who practice in this area. References are available. Practice Articles
- “Recovery in a Personal Injury Lawsuit: What is Admissible at Trial?”, Published: Mealey’s Personal Injury Report
- Summary: This article describes recent decisions on the recovery of medical expenses that a personal injury plaintiff can recover at trial.
- “Recreational Immunity: Protecting Property Owners”, Published: The Recorder
- Summary: The article discusses several recent cases involving premises liability issues and which party is liable for injuries sustained on the property owner’s property.
- “Bars and Security Should Mix Like a Well-Poured Drink”, Published: Bar Business Magazine
- Summary: This article deals with the issue of security for those in the bar industry. For example, do you need security guards in your bar and if so, do you hire them directly or from a security guard company? What kind of liability insurance do you need as a bar owner and how can you shield your company from liability.
- Gray•Duffy Negotiates Dismissal of School District in Serious Personal Injury Case
- Well-Crafted Legal Citations and Arguments Result in Settlement of Wrongful Death Case for Minimal Amount
- Gray•Duffy Obtains Favorable Judgment in Dog Bite Injury Case
- Gray•Duffy Obtains Favorable Settlement in Mediation in Trip and Fall Lawsuit for 13% of Damages Claimed
Kathleen Corbin Client, Los Angeles