Buy/Sell Basics – Part I
In our most recent webinar, “Buy/Sell Basics – Part 1,” Partner Erin K. Tenner discusses three common methods for buying or selling a business and which method is best for specific situations. This is the first in a webinar series covering topics such as asset sale and purchase agreements, stock sale and purchase agreements, shareholder agreements and real property purchase agreements. “Buy/Sell Basics – Part II,” will air in May and cover asset sale and purchase agreements.View webinar recording.
Buy/Sell Basics Part II – “Asset Sale and Purchase Agreements
In her first webinar, Erin Tenner discussed the three different types of Buy/Sells and how to determine which one to use in any given situation.
She continues her webinar series with Buy/Sell Basics – Part II, where she discusses the basics of one type of agreement: Asset Sale and Purchase Agreements, including:
- How an asset purchase agreement is set up.
- The process of selling assets of a business, from start to finish.
- Some of the more important provisions of an asset sale and purchase agreement that will protect a buyer from claims after closing.
Buy/Sell Basics – Part III: Stock Purchase Agreements by Erin K. Tenner
In her first webinar: Buy/Sell Basics – Part I, Erin Tenner discussed three common methods for buying or selling a business and which method is best for specific situations. In Buy/Sell Basics – Part II, she covered asset sale and purchase agreements in more detail.
Erin continues her webinar series with Buy/Sell Basics – Part III, where she discusses Stock Purchase Agreements, including:
- When to consider purchasing stock instead of assets.
- Tax issues in selling or buying capital stock.
- Pros and cons of stock sale and purchase agreements.
Buy/Sell Basics – Part IV – Owners’ Agreements by Erin K. Tenner
An owner’s agreement is an agreement among owners of a business that governs the relationships and rights of each owner of the business. The type of agreement you have depends on the legal form of your business. In the webinar, Buy/Sells Part IV: Owners’ Agreements, Gray Duffy Partner Erin K. Tenner examines:
- Types of owners’ agreements: shareholders agreements, operating agreements and partnership agreements.
- Consequences of not having an owners’ agreement.
- What must be included in a properly drafted agreement.
- How owners’ agreements provisions protect businesses.