Business Owners’ Liability
Gray•Duffy, LLP represents many business owners in a broad range of claims. We routinely handle claims involving security-related issues, including security plans and security guards, as well as matters involving assault and battery. Our attorneys are well versed in handling claims that arise out of all types of incidents and accidents that occur on private property, including alleged dangerous conditions of walking surfaces, elevators, garages, stairs, railings, showers, and service doors. We also deal with issues related to negligent performance of services, violation of trade secrets, breach of contract, unfair competition, and interference with economic opportunities.
Our clients include restaurants, bars, nightclubs, adult entertainment, and gentlemen’s clubs, grocery stores, shopping centers, and business centers. Unfortunately, it’s common for these kinds of businesses to experience burglaries or security breeches but having unbreakable glass on doors and windows can help save your storefront during riots or burglarys. Other businesses include janitorial services, canine training services, landscape services, motocross race tracks, apartment complexes and management companies, elder care services, plumbing services, laser hair removal and cosmetic services and ambulance services. For product manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, please see the “Product Liability” Practice Area. For the construction industry, please see the “Construction Law and Related Claims” Practice Area. For employer/employee issues, please see the “Employment Law” Practice Area.
Our professional attorneys know how important your business and reputation are in the community, and take pride in the effective representation of our clients.
Please contact Gray•Duffy, LLP for additional information regarding business owners’ liability. You will be directed to one of our attorneys who practice in this area. References are available.
worldview essay https://www.nationalautismcenter.org/letter/sample-theses/26/ sample literature essay titles viagra insurance coverage health http://v-nep.org/classroom/case-study-research-sample-papers/04/ cause and effect of racial discrimination essay where can i buy real levitra online phd thesis help writemyessay com http://www.chesszone.org/lib/essay-writing-apps-for-ipad-4994.html go site click see follow click here get link is cialis cheaper in canada http://www.danhostel.org/papers/detailed-research-paper-outline-example/11/ student nurse rn resume sample autobiographical essays graduate school follow link papers on war proposal essay ideas follow url argumentative essay oil price http://go.culinaryinstitute.edu/how-to-delete-all-email-off-iphone-7/ see call for online essays to beat internet cheats viagra side effects mood changes viagra liquid drops https://medpsychmd.com/nurse/try-viagra-for-free/63/ indian removal act essay Practice Articles
- “Bars and Security Should Mix Like a Well-Poured Drink“, Published: Bar Business Magazine
- Summary: This article deals with the issue of security for those in the bar industry. For example, do you need security guards in your bar and if so, do you hire them directly or from a security guard company? What kind of liability insurance do you need as a bar owner and how can you shield you company from liability.
- “Recreational Immunity: Protecting Property Owners“, Published: The Recorder
- Summary: The article discusses several recent cases involving premises liability issues and which party is liable for injuries sustained on the property owner’s property.
- “Do You Need Security Guards?“, Published: Daily Journal
- Summary: This articles addresses how bar owners can reduce the risk of liability by ensuring their security guards and bouncers are properly trained and certified, as well as enforcing rules for proper arrest of bar patrons. In addition, the article provides tips for hiring the proper type of security guard for your bar establishment.
Representative Case Results
- Gray•Duffy Negotiates Favorable Settlement in Security Guard Battery Case
- Gray•Duffy Settles $375,000 Claim for $2,000 in Assault and Civil Rights Violation Lawsuit on Behalf of Super Market
- Gray•Duffy Obtains Dismissal in Slip and Fall Case After Filing Motion for Summary Judgment