Construction Law and Related Claims
Gray•Duffy, LLP provides a wide range of professional services for our construction-related clients. Over the years we have represented developers, general contractors, design professionals, product manufacturers, and subcontractors in the construction of a variety of projects from large commercial buildings to single-family residences. These types of contractors have a responsibility to uphold their end of these deals when hired and must be on top of what they are doing and the financials that go along with this type work. For them to be reliable, they may find that an accountant specialising in contract accounts will be beneficial for their business. This can help us to help them during any legalities that need to be ironed out and discussed before, during, and after a job is completed. We assist our clients through all stages of their projects, including:
- Formation of business entities and other transactional services
- Creation of development agreements
- Development of all contract documents necessary for the construction process
Our attorneys work closely with our clients to fully understand their business goals and objectives, offering sound advice and creative solutions. Even if you think you’re ticking all the boxes in your construction process, for example, using products like the Silica Dust Control Plan, it is still possible for something to slip through the net.
A major cornerstone of our practice is the handling of construction claims and construction defect matters. We also assist clients in claims involving delay of construction (including critical path issues), contract disputes, mechanic’s liens and other failure to pay issues. If you would like some construction services with regards to automated warehouse design and construction then Primus Builders might be right for you.
Additionally, our attorneys have extensive experience in handling construction defect claims, including the defense of substantial mold claims, soil subsidence and landslide related claims, as well as “novel” theories of law such as sulfate attack on cement-type products. Gray•Duffy, LLP has a particular expertise in the alternative handling of such defect claims including arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. The firm prides itself on the implementation of a defense strategy which involves an early thorough analysis of liability and communication with the client to provide resolution of claims in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Please contact Gray•Duffy, LLP for additional information regarding construction law and related claims. You will be directed to one of our attorneys who practice in this area. References are available.
Those in the area of Melbourne, Australia, looking to resolve construction-related legal disputes may want to get in touch with Boutique Lawyers to see how they can help.
Overview of Common Issues in Construction Defect Claims – Spring 2018 Edition
Summary: This source book serves as a quick reference to particular issues which may arise when analyzing claims within the dynamic field of construction defect litigation. While its focus is primarily on California decisional and statutory law, many of the cases comment on out-of-state authorities dealing with the topics under consideration.
buy liquid viagra uk https://thedsd.com/internet-addiction-essay/ https://creativephl.org/pills/doxyclin/33/ follow site watch write my essay for me canada planning an essay go https://www.sojournercenter.org/finals/motivation-essay-for-university/85/ here https://thejeffreyfoundation.org/newsletter/how-to-write-a-middle-school-research-paper/17/ https://soils.wisc.edu/wp-content/uploads/index.php?apr=write-the-essay do your research cheap masters essay proofreading services for mba dissertation editing jobs essays services propecia 1mg online creative writing masters europe viagra efectos secundarios comunes https://eventorum.puc.edu/usarx/is-viagra-effective-with-alcohol/82/ benefit of national service programme essay get link source url https://heystamford.com/writing/writing-websites-for-students/8/ pay for top critical essay online go site astronomy writers site viagra,levitra cialis a basso costo dallas resume writing service dissertation writing help india how to write a short cover letter effects of stress on college students essay Practice Articles
- “Revisiting California’s Construction Defect ‘Right to Repair’ Act“, Published: Construction Contracts Law Report
- Summary: The “Right to Repair” Act, effective in 2003, established a mandatory process prior to the filing of certain types of construction defect claims. This article provides an overview of the key elements of the Act and published decisions that have affected it.
- “Disgorgement and Other Dilemmas of a Suspended License“, Published: Construction Contracts Law Report
- Summary: General contractors oftentimes fall subject to administrative technicalities, such as not renewing their license or allowing their surety bonds or workers’ compensation insurance to lapse, resulting in a suspended license. This article explores a range of issues related to suspended or expired licenses, including the penalties of working as an unlicensed contractor and how to avoid the most common administrative pitfalls.
Representative Case Results
- Gray•Duffy Successfully Defeats Contractor’s Claim on Mechanic’s Lien and Recovers $175,000 for Client
- Gray•Duffy Obtains Dismissal of Client in Construction Defect Lawsuit and Avoids Litigation
“My relationship with the firm is far more than just an attorney-client relationship. Gray•Duffy acts as a business consultant on many levels in addition to my legal matters.”
-Dana Kemp, President of Masonry Concepts