Resources for Business Owners
Whether you are contemplating starting a new business or have issues with your ongoing business, our attorneys have the knowledge and expertise to guide you through this process. We work closely with our business owner clients to fully understand their business goals and objectives, offering sound advice and creative solutions.
We are committed to keeping our business owner clients apprised of legal updates and news that could affect their business. Below we’ve included relevant articles, an overview of common issues on construction defect claims and results we’ve achieved for clients.
We’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please call us at (818) 907-4000.
- Corporate Protections: Are They Illusory for the Small Business Owner?
Published in California CEO
- This article examines circumstances when the individual owner(s) of a corporation may still face personal liability, despite the corporation being the cause of the harm through a breach of contract or negligence, for example.
- Employers Should Consider a Prescription Drug Use Policy to Avoid a Lawsuit
Published in Workforce
- This article discusses the liability that can be attached to an employer if an employee causes an accident while impaired by an undetected use or misuse of legal prescription drugs. When can employers require disclosure of prescription drug use and what privacy rights do employees have?
- Brushing Up On California Wage & Hour Laws
- This article provides an overview of California overtime, minimum wage, pay periods, paid sick leave, meal and rest break requirements and other wage and hour laws employers should be aware of to ensure compliance.
- Best Methods for Setting Aside a Default Judgment
Published in Claims Journal
- This article examines what a default judgment is and when it can occur in a lawsuit, as well as when a default judgment can be set aside or voided.
Overview of Common Issues in Construction Defect Claims – Spring 2018 Edition
This source book serves as a quick reference to particular issues that may arise when analyzing claims within the dynamic field of construction defect litigation. While its focus is primarily on California decisional and statutory law, many of the cases comment on out-of-state authorities dealing with the topics under consideration.
Representative Case Results
- Gray•Duffy Negotiates Favorable Settlement for Auto Dealership in PAGA-Only Action
- Gray•Duffy Successfully Negotiates Dismissal of Client in Premises Liability Lawsuit
- Gray•Duffy Obtains Dismissal of Client in Construction Defect Lawsuit
- Gray•Duffy Secures Dismissal of Crane Company Client from Contentious Litigation; Recovers 100% of Attorney’s Fees and Costs Incurred in the Defense