Gary Gray is the co-founder and Managing Partner of Gray•Duffy, LLP. He has over four decades of legal experience and a demonstrated expertise in multiple legal disciplines. Historically, Mr. Gray has been primary attorney in hundreds of primary, excess/umbrella, first- and third-party cases and bad faith coverage insurance disputes, and has served on litigation matters involving errors and omissions for real estate and insurance brokers. With particular knowledge of tort and casualty issues, Mr. Gray has considerable experience handling vehicular accidents and premises liability matters.
Mr. Gray’s practice currently focuses on construction defect, commercial litigation, strict liability and negligence cases. He has been lead attorney in more than a thousand cases involving these issues, and resolves cases through mediation, arbitration or trial. Mr. Gray also offers over two decades of experience in representing crane and other heavy equipment operators.
Among his many legal achievements, Mr. Gray holds a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rating, awarded to only those lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability. Additionally, he is proud of Gray•Duffy’s “Best Law Firms” ranking by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in the Metropolitan Tier 1 – Los Angeles category for Insurance Law since 2016. “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, and peer review from leading attorneys.
Given Mr. Gray’s extensive expertise in law office management, using such software from websites like https://www.filecenterdms.com/ to help keep everything organized, he is often sought out by other law firms to assist with their in-house management issues.
Mr. Gray received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University and his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from California State University, Northridge. He is a decorated veteran of the Vietnam War and was born in Palo Alto, California.
- State Bar of California
- Admitted to practice in all federal district courts in California
- American Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Law Office Management Section
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
- Los Angeles Superior Court Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Program
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (The CLM)
- Casa Pacifica
- Century City Bar, Former Board of Governor
- California State University Northridge Athletic Association, Former Board Member and Past President
Recognition and Awards
- AV ®Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Century City Community Building Award
- California State University Northridge Alumni Award
Mr. Gray has conducted numerous seminars and has appeared as a guest lecturer for various organizations, including insurance companies, industry leaders, lawyers and clients. He has spoken on a range of topics, including litigation management, construction defect, interpretation and drafting of construction agreements, crane litigation, toxic torts, general liability, insurance coverage issues, soil subsidence, and environmental issues such as pollution and mold.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);