21700 Oxnard Street,
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
- Hastings College of Law (JD, 1982)
- University of California, Los Angeles (BA, cum laude, 1979)
Patrick M. Roberts
Patrick M. Roberts, an Associate with Gray•Duffy, LLP, is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer in matters including construction-related claims and defects, as well as business disputes. Mr. Roberts has extensive experience in construction defect matters, having represented owners, developers and subcontractors in numerous litigation matters through trial and arbitration. He has mediated over 400 construction-related matters. He also has experience in related insurance coverage issues. His experience in business disputes also involves the area of commercial litigation, where he has represented numerous financial institutions with respect to real estate litigation, as well as problem loans and workouts. In addition, he has expertise in drafting and negotiating construction agreements, creating business entities, and related counseling regarding the same.
Mr. Roberts obtained his Juris Doctorate degree in 1982 from Hastings College of Law. While at Hastings, he served as an executive editor of the Hastings Communication and Entertainment Quarterly. Mr. Roberts graduated cum laude from the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1979 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.
He was admitted to the California Bar in 1982 and is also admitted to the United States District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California.
- State Bar of California
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
Legal Writings, Articles and Publications
- Overview of Common Issues in Construction Defect Claims – Spring 2018 Edition
- Article: New Developments in the Mortgage Foreclosure Crisis
Published: National Mortgage Professional
- Article: “How to Deal with Borrower Challenges to Non-Judicial Foreclosures”
Published: ABA Banking Journal
- La Monte v. Sanwa Bank (1996) 45 Cal. App. 4th 509, 52 Cal. Rptr. 2d 861